Monkey Knife Fight Terms and Conditions
Your use or participation in monkeyknifefight.com is governed by these terms and conditions (the "Terms and Conditions"). By registering with www.monkeyknifefight.com you hereby agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.
monkeyknifefight.com is owned by Fantasy Sports Shark, LLC, a California limited liability company (the "Company").
These Terms & Conditions below are for transactions made via the Company’s website. The Company is the merchant of record except for Players located in Canada, in which case the merchant of record for those transactions is AVA Entertainment Limited Partnership (“AVA”). AVA is an Affiliate of the Company registered in the Province of Alberta. The Company and AVA are the merchants of record in their respective jurisdictions.
For the purposes hereof: "monkeyknifefight", "we", "us" means Company, trading as monkeyknifefight; "Game" means a contest played on the monkeyknifefight system; "Match" refers to a sports match which relates to a game; "Player" means you, the player of the Game: "Player Account" means each player’s account balance, "Website" means the website situated at https://www.monkeyknifefight.com and “Affiliate” means any legal entity or organization that controls, is controlled by, or is under common direction, management or control with the relevant party, including its subsidiaries.
Access to and/or use of the Website (including any or all of the products offered via the Website) may be illegal in certain countries. It is the responsibility of the Player to determine whether access to and/or use of the Website is compliant with the laws of the jurisdiction to which the Player is subject.
We reserve the right to change the Terms and Conditions and will make reasonable efforts to ensure that changes to the Terms and Conditions are notified to you before the changes take place and via an appropriate method - for example, by your registered email address or by a notice on the Website.
If a change in the Terms and Conditions is made which you do not wish to accept you may cease to use the Website and close your Player Account. However, your continued access or use of the Website will be deemed to be your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions and any changes to them as at the time of access or use, except that any entries received (but not settled) or other transactions prior to the time of any change to the Terms and Conditions will be subject to the pre-existing Terms and Conditions.
You are deemed to have accepted all the Terms and Conditions upon registration.
If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions, or do not wish to be bound by them, you should exit the Website immediately and where applicable, remove any software that has been downloaded from the Website onto your computer without delay.
You understand that there is a risk of losing money by engaging in real money play on the website and that you are fully responsible for any losses incurred.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE REGISTERING WITH THE WEBSITE. EVERY CUSTOMER IS DEEMED TO HAVE ACCEPTED THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BY USE OF THE WEBSITE. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS, DO NOT USE THE WEBSITE.
1. Game Rules
- 1.1 For rules and information on specific Game including choosing players, types of Game, length of Game, changing Player choices, scoring, results, winners policy, withdrawing and match cancellation see the How to Play tab.
2. Participation / Signing Up / Opening An Account
- 2.1 You need to sign up before you are able to start playing a Game at monkeyknifefight. You will also need to open and fund an account before placing entries on the We
- 2.2 Upon signing up, we will ask you for your name, your email address and your password. You will be asked to confirm that you are of legal age in the territory in which you reside, but at least eighteen (18) years of age or older, if you wish to play for money on the site. You can only hold one (1) monkeyknifefight account or be signed up as one Player at a time.
- 2.4 By signing up you agree to the use of electronic communications in order to enter into contracts and you waive any rights or requirements under applicable laws or regulations in any jurisdiction which require an original (non-electronic) signature, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
- 2.5 To fund your account with a credit or debit card you will need to provide personal information including your name, postal address and date of birth, which we will verify before your Player Account is opened.
- 2.6 You may only sign up with one (1) account at a time. You may only open one (1) account, which must be funded by you. We reserve the right to assess compliance with these requirements for unique email addresses, real word addresses, credit card number and/ or any other payment forms used to establish an account.
- 2.7 By signing up and opening an account you consent to allow us admittance to your account information to inspect the accuracy of the personal information provided, as well as complaints or other allegations of abuse.
- 2.8 You must provide true and accurate information about yourself including your age, full name and surname, place of residence and a valid email address. You represent and warrant that all registration and account information you supply to us is complete and accurate and (through timely updates) kept up to date. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of this information. Should the registration information provided prove false or misleading, we may suspend or terminate your account.
- 2.9 We reserve the right to request such further information from you as we deem appropriate in the circumstances. We further reserve the right to suspend your account and/or place restrictions on the amount that you can wager should you fail to respond to our request for information in a satisfactory manner, or should we determine, in our sole and absolute discretion, that the manner in which you have been participating in Games on the Website is inappropriate in the circumstances.
- 2.10 All applications to sign up, open an account or to participate in a Game must be made online at the Website and in accordance with the relevant instructions.
- 2.11 Applications must not be submitted by agents or third parties.
- 2.12 While there is no limit on the number of entries per household or organization, you are only allowed to open and register one (1) account with monkeyknifefight at any one time and you can only be registered as one Player at a time.
- 2.13 When you sign up to play the Game you will be asked to create a password. It is solely your responsibility to ensure that you do not reveal your password to anyone else and to ensure that this information is kept secret at all times.
- 2.14 We have the right to disable any account or password if, in our reasonable opinion, your account information has been compromised. You must tell us immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or access to your password.
- 2.15 You are responsible for the secrecy of your own password. We will not be liable to you for any loss that you may incur as a result of an unauthorized person accessing your account and we accept no liability resulting from its unauthorized use, whether fraudulent or otherwise.
- 2.16 Employees of the Company are not allowed to play any Games on the monkeyknifefight platform.
- 2.17 The spouses or partners and household members of employees of the COMPANY are not allowed to play any Games on the monkeyknifefight platform.
- 2.18 Sports athletes who are listed as players in Games on the monkeyknifefight platform are not allowed to play any Games on the monkeyknifefight platform.
- 2.19 The spouses or partners of sports athletes who are listed as players on the monkeyknifefight platform are not allowed to play any Games on the monkeyknifefight platform.
- 2.20 Individuals who may have access to privileged, non-public information regarding the performance of sports athletes who are listed as players on Games on the monkeyknifefight platform, are not allowed to play Games on the monkeyknifefight platform.
- 2.21 The spouses or partners of sports trainers, managers, agents, commentators, employees of individuals who may have access to privileged, non-public information regarding the performance of sports athletes who are listed as players on the monkeyknifefight platform, are not allowed to play Games on the monkeyknifefight platform.
- 2.22 You must inform us as soon as you become aware of any error with your monkeyknifefight account or if you believe your account is being misused by a third party.
- 2.23 If you lose or forget your password you can contact us for help.
3. Age Verification And Security Checks
- 3.1 You may only participate in real money games at monkeyknifefight if you are of legal age in the territory in which you reside, but at least eighteen (18) years of age or older, and if you reside within one of our approved jurisdictions. We have the right, at any time, to request you to furnish us with proof of your identity, your age and/or your place of residence. Your account may be suspended pending receipt of this information from you.
- 3.2 In order to assess your details and verify your registration, we may supply the information you have given us to authorized credit reference agencies to confirm your identity and card details. They will check any details we disclose to them against any databases (public or private) to which they have access and will keep a record of that check. You agree that we may process, use, record and disclose personal information, which you provide in connection with your registration, and that such personal data may be recorded by us or the said credit reference agencies. For future reference purposes, monkeyknifefight reserves the right to record and monitor any telephone calls to monkeyknifefight.
- 3.3 As well as any other verification processes we may undertake, any account holders depositing from debit cards may be required to provide additional proof of identity to assist with age and place of residence verification. These additional checks are not generally required for credit card users, however, we reserve the right to request such additional information depending on the circumstances. Additional proof of identity may include, but is not limited to: passport number or utility bills.
- 3.4 You are not permitted to play for real money on the Website, unless you are of legal age [but at least eighteen (18) years of age or older] and have the legal capacity to contract with us. If you are under 18 years of age or under the legal minimum age in your country of residence (whichever is higher) please leave this Website immediately.
- 3.5 By signing up and opening an Account with us, you confirm, warrant and represent that you are at least 18 years of age or the legal minimum age in your country of residence (whichever is higher) and that you have the mental capacity to take full responsibility for your own actions and can enter into a binding agreement with us.
- 3.6 By signing up and opening a monkeyknifefight Account, you confirm and warrant that use of the services provided by monkeyknifefight, including real money play, is legal and permitted in the jurisdiction where you are located.
- 3.7 You must inform us as soon as you become aware of any error with your monkeyknifefight Player Account or if you believe your account is being misused by a third party.
- 3.8 It is your responsibility when you play to make sure that you are playing in a jurisdiction where it is legal to do so. Access to or use of the monkeyknifefight Games offered via the Website may not be legal for some or all residents of, or persons in, certain countries or jurisdictions and you are not authorized to transact via the Website if you are resident or located in any such jurisdiction. We do not intend that the Website be used for any purposes by persons in countries where such activities are illegal. We make no representation or warranty with respect to the legality or otherwise of the access to and use of the Website, and the making of deposits or receipt of any winnings from the Player Account. The Website does not constitute an offer, solicitation or invitation by us for the use of or subscription to betting, gaming or other services in any jurisdiction in which such activities are prohibited by law.
- 3.9 If, in our sole discretion, an account is deemed to be in breach of any term within this section, including rules regarding the age of majority and place of residence, any prizes won by use of that account will be subject to forfeiture.
4. Opening An Account To Play A Game
- 4.1 Remember, playing the game for money is only open to those of legal age in the territory in which they reside [but at least eighteen (18) years of age or older]. You should ensure that you will be acting legally in your jurisdiction in opening your account and/or using the Website and you represent, warrant and agree that you will do so.
- 4.2 To play a Game you will be asked to provide personal information to enable us to verify your address, identity and age. Once this has been verified, you will be able to deposit. You will need to deposit monies into your Player Account and for the funds to be credited to your Player Account before you can play (please note that there may be some delay before these processes are completed and your Player Account is ready for you to start playing).
5. Your Player Account
- 5.1 Your monkeyknifefight Player Account is not a bank account and is therefore not insured, guaranteed, sponsored or otherwise protected by any deposit or banking insurance system or by any other similar insurance system. Users will not receive interest on monies deposited with monkeyknifefight. Monies deposited with monkeyknifefight are held by our payment service providers before being transferred into a normal bank account in the name of monkeyknifefight. Monies deposited with monkeyknifefight are held in segregated bank accounts.
- 5.2 You can view transactions into and out of your Player Account in the My Account section. You are recommended to keep a record of all transactions made via the Website.
- 5.3 Foreign exchange transfers made between different currency balances in your monkeyknifefight Player Account reference third party foreign exchange resources, such as GoogleCurrency, to perform foreign exchange conversions. Every effort is made to ensure the relevant foreign exchange rate is accurate at the point of performing the foreign exchange conversion. monkeyknifefight may apply a margin to foreign exchange transfers made between different currency balances in your monkeyknifefight Player Account.
- 5.4 In order to place a contest entry with monkeyknifefight, you will be required to send money to, and may be required to receive money from, monkeyknifefight. monkeyknifefight uses third-party electronic payment processors to process such financial transactions. You irrevocably authorize monkeyknifefight in your name to instruct such processors to handle deposits and withdrawals from your Player Account and irrevocably agree that monkeyknifefight may give such instructions on your behalf in accordance with your requests, or as consequence of your monkeyknifefight activity or status.
6. Deposit And Withdrawal Policy
- 6.1 The maximum deposit you can make into your Player Account in any 24 hour period is $1,000.00 US, or alternative currency equivalent where accepted. Deposits can be made by credit card or debit card registered in your name only. Please note that there may be a delay before monies are credited to your Player Account and you are able to start playing.
- 6.2 Any funds deposited into your Player Account can only be used for the placing of contest entries. Due to administrative costs, the minimum amount you can deposit into your Player Account in any one transaction is $10.00 US, or alternative currency equivalent where accepted.
- 6.3 Due to administrative costs, the minimum amount you can withdraw from your Player Account in any one transaction is $20.00 US, or alternative currency equivalent where accepted, unless you are closing your account.
- 6.4 Some credit card companies classify transactions with monkeyknifefight as 'cash' and may place a fixed and/or interest charge from the date of payment.
- 6.5 To make a withdrawal from your Player Account you will need to fill out the required information on the withdraw funds page.
- 6.6 It may take 3 to 5 working days to process withdrawal requests. You may withdraw funds from your Player Account at any time provided all payments have been confirmed and provided you have satisfied our identification procedures. This is intended as an additional security measure to prevent any unauthorized third parties from withdrawing funds from your account.
- 6.7 If any sum is incorrectly credited to your Player Account you are obliged to notify us, and we are entitled to reverse such credits and/or recover such sums from you, even if withdrawn by you or improperly used to participate in services on the Website. We reserve the right to cancel or reverse any winnings to recover such sums. If you use the sums improperly credited to participate in services on the Website, we can cancel and reverse any winnings.
- 6.8 When you withdraw money from your Player Account the money will be credited to a bank account in your name. We may ask you to provide documentary evidence of your bank account, for instance in the form of a recent bank statement, before we are able to transfer the withdrawal monies into your account. You understand that we may only process withdrawal requests once we are satisfied that we have confirmed your identity. Where required by law, we will require you to furnish your tax identification number prior to payout of winnings.
- 6.9 There may be a delay of several days before the money is actually credited to your bank account.
- 6.10 In order to protect against fraud and collusion, and to comply with anti-money laundering requirements, customers may be prevented from withdrawing funds until a period of 48 hours has elapsed since their last deposit. It is therefore advised that you wait 48 hours from the time of your last deposit before making a request to withdraw funds.
- 6.11 Payments and withdrawals can be made using credit or debit cards registered to your address only. We may not accept certain cards for payments, deposits or withdrawals.
7. Closure Of Accounts, Suspension And Termination
- 7.1 Unallocated Funds: From time to time, we will hold funds which are not allocated to players. This may occur for a number of reasons including where a Player’s winnings are forfeited, or if we are unable to place funds in an account because it has already been closed by the Player. We may use these funds as we reasonably believe to be appropriate.
- 7.2 Account Closure: We reserve the right to close your account at any time. We shall not be obliged to give you prior notice of our action nor to furnish you with any reasons. Any breach by you of the How to Play rules shall also be a breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- 7.3 You have the right to close your account at any time by emailing email@example.com providing your account does not show a balance due to us.
- 7.4 Account Freezing: We may need to freeze your account for any period we see fit if we reasonably believe that the account may be used for fraudulent purposes or for the purposes of money laundering. We also reserve the right to freeze or immediately terminate the account if we reasonably believe that you (i) are cheating, (ii) are under the legal age in the territory where you reside (in all cases are under 18 years of age), (iii) have provided incorrect and/ or false information on registration, or (iv) are in a jurisdiction that renders the provision of our services illegal.
- 7.5 Dormant Account: If no transaction has been recorded for 12 months, we will remit the balance in your account to you. If we are unable to locate you, we reserve the right to use these funds as we reasonably believe to be appropriate.
- 7.6 Inappropriate Behavior: We reserve the right to close your account, or to limit your participation in any services on the Website, for any reason, including but not limited to: the harassment of other players; the posting of objectionable material; the creation of numerous accounts; game fraud; or any breach of the Terms and Conditions or How to Play rules.
- 7.7.1 immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Website;
- 7.7.2 immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the Website;
- 7.7.3 disqualification from the Website and cancelation of your right to claim any winnings;
- 7.7.4 issue of a warning to you;
- 7.7.6 disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities or third party complainants as we reasonably feel is necessary or required;
- 7.7.7 disclosure of your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, right to privacy or other legal rights;
- the responses described in this clause 7.7 are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
- 7.8 Any monies associated with closed accounts, including closure of accounts for non-compliance with the Terms and Conditions or the How to Play rules, are subject to forfeiture.
8. Fees, Prize Money And Bonuses
- 8.1 Entry fees and prize allocations vary depending on the Game. See the How to Play rules for more information.
9. Withdrawing From A Game Or Cancellation Of A Game
- 9.1 Once you have joined a Game, we reserve the right to deny any requests to withdraw from it or cancel your entry fee.
- 9.2 We reserve the right to suspend contest entries between parties at any time. An investigation into unusual or suspicious patterns may be warranted thereafter, with funds returned to the relevant parties upon conclusion of this investigation. The company is not liable to the relevant parties during the investigation into unusual or suspicious patterns.
- 9.3 We reserve the right to withhold payment and to cancel and void any entries at our absolute discretion where: (i) there is a technological failure; (ii) there is any issue with player projections included in a contest; (iii) we suspect that you have or may have breached any of these Terms and Conditions; (iv) where the integrity of the Game has been called into question; or (v) collusion between players has taken place.
- 9.4 There may be circumstances where entries may be declared void due to reasons specific to a particular sport and you are therefore advised to check the How to Play rules.
- 9.4.1 Where a Game or entry is declared void, any money you have staked in that Game will be credited back to your Player Account as soon as practicable.
- 9.4.2 We reserve the right to recover from you any amount overpaid and have your authority to adjust your account to reflect the true outcome and rectify the mistake.
- 10.1 If at any time you feel as though you are spending too much time or money playing monkeyknifefight then we would recommend that you read our section on Responsible Play.
- 10.2 For those players who wish to restrict their access to real money play, we provide a voluntary self-exclusion policy, which enables you to close your account or restrict your ability to game on the Website. You can ask for your monkeyknifefight account to be closed at any time by emailing our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 10.3 During a period of self-exclusion we will use reasonable efforts to not send you any marketing material and we cannot accept any deposits or entries from you. Once you self-exclude you may not apply to open a new account. We will not reopen any self-excluded account, but after the expiry of the exclusion period you may contact us and ask for your account to be reopened by emailing email@example.com.
- 10.4 If you wish to self-exclude from monkeyknifefight you may do so at any time by going to the Responsible Play page.
- 10.5 In requesting self-exclusion you agree to provide full and accurate personal details, now and in the future, so as to allow access to/use of monkeyknifefight’s gaming services to be restricted. If you do choose to self-exclude we will use all reasonable endeavors to ensure we comply with your self-exclusion. However in agreeing to self-exclude you accept that you have a parallel undertaking not to seek to circumvent the self-exclusion. Accordingly, monkeyknifefight has no responsibility or liability for any subsequent consequences or losses howsoever caused that you may suffer or incur if you commence or continue to access or make use of the Website through additional online accounts in circumstances where you have changed any of the registration details or you provide misleading, inaccurate or incomplete details or otherwise seek to circumvent the self-exclusion agreed.
11. Participation, Influencer And Group Rewards
- 11.1 monkeyknifefight may offer rewards for players' loyalty and participation on the Website.
- 11.2 monkeyknifefight reserves the right to alter, amend or supplement the monkeyknifefight rewards from time to time in its absolute discretion.
- 11.3 monkeyknifefight shall not be liable for any loss including (without limitation) any indirect or consequential loss suffered by the Player as a result of accepting or using a prize except where liability cannot be excluded by law.
- 11.4 monkeyknifefight reserves the right to substitute any advertised prize with an alternative prize of equivalent value.
12. Game Messages And Moderation
- 12.1 monkeyknifefight does not pre-screen any content posted or disseminated in the Game by players.
- 12.2 Because the messages are self-moderated, you should understand that when using the Game, you might come across some content that you find offensive or objectionable. If you do come across such content then you are free to register a complaint in relation to this. You should note that the views expressed in banter fields, on message boards or in a chat room are the views of the individual concerned, not those of monkeyknifefight.
- 12.3 If you post any content on the Website then you are confirming that:
- 12.3.1 the content includes nothing which would be a breach of these Terms and Conditions;
- 12.3.2 the content is non-confidential and non-proprietary and that monkeyknifefight may make use of that content in any way it sees fit and without acknowledgement;
- 12.3.3 players may access the content;
- 12.3.4 if you wish to restrict the use of any content, then you are advised not to submit it;
- 12.3.5 you are entirely responsible for any content you post on monkeyknifefight;
- 12.3.6 you must ensure that you only post content which is legal, decent, proper and relevant (all in the reasonable opinion of monkeyknifefight). Without limitation of the foregoing, you must ensure that you:
- 126.96.36.199 comply with any instructions from monkeyknifefight;
- 188.8.131.52 do not defame, threaten, harass, abuse, or otherwise violate the rights of others;
- 184.108.40.206 do not post or make available content which is unlawful, defamatory, obscene, objectionable, or inappropriate or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Website, or which may expose monkeyknifefight or other players to any harm or liability of any type;
- 220.127.116.11 do not promote or provide unlawful instructions to others;
- 18.104.22.168 do not post any messages that could interfere with the intellectual property rights or confidential information of others;
- 22.214.171.124 do not post messages containing commercial messages or advertising;
- 126.96.36.199 do not impersonate anyone else, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- 188.8.131.52 do not use content functionality to harvest personal information about others;
- 184.108.40.206 do not post any content containing pictures, video or personal information of others, unless that use is lawful, or you have their consent;
- 220.127.116.11 do not transmit any viruses or other harmful code, files or programs;
- 18.104.22.168 do not add links to external sites (other than by prior agreement of monkeyknifefight);
- 22.214.171.124 do not use the Website in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Website;
- 126.96.36.199 do not use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with the Website;
- 188.8.131.52 do not upload, post or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation.
- 12.3.7 Please note that monkeyknifefight will seek to use these Terms and Conditions to prohibit all such behavior. However, monkeyknifefight cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed to such behavior. If you should encounter it, please feel free to make a complaint accordingly. monkeyknifefight advises that you exercise caution in revealing any personal information about yourself on any content functionality.
You acknowledge and agree that the Game, the Website and monkeyknifefight are protected by copyright, database rights and other intellectual property and related rights that are owned by us or one of our licensors. You have no rights in such copyright material or trade or service marks and must not use them without monkeyknifefight’s written permission. All intellectual property rights in the name " monkeyknifefight", the logos, designs, trademarks and other distinctive brand features of monkeyknifefight and any content provided by monkeyknifefight for inclusion on the Website vest in monkeyknifefight. You agree not to display or use such logos, designs, trademarks and/or other distinctive brand features in any manner without our prior consent.
14. Warranties And Indemnity
- 14.1 You hereby warrant and represent that you:
- 14.1.1 are of legal age in the territory in which you reside, but in all cases at least 18 years of age or older, are of sound mind and are capable of taking responsibility for your own action;
- 14.1.2 understand that by playing the Game, you may lose money on entries placed and accept that you are fully responsible for any such loss;
- 14.1.3 have furnished us with personal details that are valid, accurate and complete in each and every respect and that you shall advise us immediately in writing should such details change;
- 14.1.4 will not use our services to bet via any means where it is prohibited to do so while located in the jurisdiction in which you are located. The availability of the Website does not constitute anoffer or invitation by monkeyknifefight to bet in any jurisdiction in which such use is illegal;
- 14.1.5 are not an undischarged bankrupt or in a voluntary arrangement with your creditors;
- 14.1.6 will not attempt to hack, make unauthorized alterations or introduce any kind of malicious code to the Website by any means. Unless given prior written approval by us, you will not make copies, modify, reproduce, transmit, alter or distribute all or any part of the Website or any material or information contained on it;
- 14.1.7 will not disguise or interfere in any way the IP address of the computer you are using to access the Website or otherwise take steps to prevent us from correctly identifying the actual IP address of the computer you are using whilst accessing the Website;
- 14.1.8 will not abuse in any way any online gaming or any bonus offer or other promotion scheme offered by us;
- 14.2 You agree to indemnify us and hold us and our associated companies, affiliates, officers and directors, agents and employees harmless from any liabilities, claims, losses or demands made by any third party arising out of your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
15. Limitation Of Liability
- 15.1 monkeyknifefight and its suppliers take reasonable precautions to prevent computer viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other items that may damage the operation of computers or property or otherwise engage in computer misuse on the Website but does not accept any liability for them. You are advised to take precautions yourself, such as the use of suitable protective software.
- 15.2 Access to the Website is provided by public telecommunications networks and other technology for which monkeyknifefight and its suppliers have limited control. monkeyknifefight does not accept any liability for failures or breakdowns in network communications and/or end-to-end connectivity across the Internet and/or performance problems experienced on any Internet or other networks outside monkeyknifefight’s direct control. You should be aware when playing on monkeyknifefight that you may be using a connection or equipment that is slower than such equipment used by others and that this may affect your performance in time critical events offered via the Website.
- 15.3 monkeyknifefight does not give any warranty as to the accuracy of any material on the Website and does not accept any liability for the contents of the Website or for any use of or reliance on it except where monkeyknifefight has breached a duty imposed by law.
- 15.4 If for any reason the Internet portion of the Website is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of monkeyknifefight which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the products and services provided on the Website, we reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or postpone any products or services on the Website.
- 15.5 monkeyknifefight assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line malfunction, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries or transactions. monkeyknifefight is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail entry or transaction to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this context.
- 15.6 monkeyknifefight assumes no liability for any losses related to the above outlined failures or caused by any disconnection from the products and/or services on the Website. In some cases, an internet connection may result in unwanted waiting time for all players. Therefore, it is agreed that if an internet connection should interfere with game flow, the player using this connection will be automatically disqualified.
- 15.7 You agree that monkeyknifefight is not liable for any loss caused by any unauthorized use of your credit card or any other method of payment by a third party that has a connection with us. Any attempt to defraud monkeyknifefight through the use of credit cards or other methods of payment, regardless of the outcome, or any failure by you to honor legitimate charges or requests for payment will result in instant termination of your account, and forfeiture of any funds you may have won or deposited to which you are otherwise entitled.
- 15.8 We may display and make accessible promotions, advertisements, and offers provided by third parties ("Third Party Promotions"). You understand and agree that we shall not be responsible and shall have no liability for any Third Party Promotion, and that you participate in or choose to click on a Third Party Promotion solely at your own risk. You agree that your sole remedy in connection with any Third Party Promotion will be with the third party offering the Third Party Promotion and that you shall have no remedy against monkeyknifefight arising from your participation in, or inability to participate in, any Third Party Promotion.
- 15.9 We are not responsible for user-generated content on the Website.
- 15.10 You agree to indemnify us and hold us and our associated companies, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees harmless from any liabilities, claims, losses or demands made by any third party arising out of your breach of these Terms and Conditions including documents incorporated by reference into these Terms or out of your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
- 15.11 You acknowledge that monkeyknifefight and its subsidiaries will hold information with respect to your identity, including but not limited to your name, address and payment details. You agree that we rely on this information in entering into these Terms and Conditions with you and you agree to hold us harmless against any falsehood or inaccuracy contained in the information you provide us.
- 15.12 LIMITATION OF DAMAGES. WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS AND PROPERTY DAMAGE, EVEN IF WE WERE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, NOR SHALL WE BE HELD LIABLE FOR DELAY OR FAILURE IN PERFORMANCE RESULTING FROM CAUSES BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED ONE THOUSAND U.S. DOLLARS (US $1,000).
16. Privacy And Data Protection - For information on privacy see the Privacy page.
- 17.1 monkeyknifefight makes every attempt to resolve complaints in a timely manner and to the satisfaction customers. If you do have a complaint, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In relation to all complaints or disputes, we reserve the right to record all telephone and e-mail communications with you and any other person.
- 17.2 It shall be a condition of your agreement with us that any complaints and disputes are and remain confidential both while we seek a resolution and afterwards. You agree that you shall not disclose the existence, nature or detail of any complaints and disputes to any third party (which shall include the discussion of any such any complaints and disputes in any chat room or forum offeredby ourselves or any third party).
- 17.3 ANY DISPUTE, CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR THE BREACH, TERMINATION, ENFORCEMENT, INTERPRETATION OR VALIDITY THEREOF WHICH WE ARE UNABLE TO RESOLVE WITH YOU, SHALL BE BROUGHT IN THE COURTS LOCATED IN LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, AND YOU CONSENT TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF SAID COURT. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SHALL IN ALL RESPECTS BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED AND ENFORCED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT REGARD TO CONFLICTS OF LAWS PRINCIPLES.
18. Data Tracking System
- 18.1 The sports data that monkeyknifefight uses is provided by third party data providers. Data collection and allocation processes are subject to human error and as such, monkeyknifefight cannot guarantee the accuracy of the data used to allocate points scoring in all circumstances, nor do we accept liability for any loss or damage resulting from any such inaccuracies.
- 18.2 We are normally able to correct mistakes within a short period of time and this may then lead to the points you have been awarded being changed during the course of a Game. On occasion alterations may be made to the data provided to us by our partners. In such circumstances, monkeyknifefight retains sole and absolute discretion to make corrections or amendments to the scoring or points allocated during a Game at any time before the pot in respect of that Game has been paid out. Corrections or amendments will not be made to scoring or points allocation for a Game after the pot payout has taken place.
- 18.3 As with any data feed, there will always be a delay between a real-life event and that event showing up in our data feed. Players playing monkeyknifefight may have more up-to-date information (for example if they are in the stadium where the Match or Game is taking place) or have access to some media source that we are not aware of.
19. How Results Are Determined
monkeyknifefight results will be based solely on the data provided by our third party data providers, which tracks Games, Match events and Player performance. monkeyknifefight will seek to ensure that all results of monkeyknifefight games are as accurate and correct as possible but the results are dependent upon the veracity and accuracy of the information provided by the third party data provider, which is subject to human error and may not be 100% accurate.
20. Picking Players
- 20.1 It is your responsibility to keep abreast of team changes and adjust your choice of players accordingly.
- 20.2 We encourage you to do your own research and check back right up until start of the Game/Match and during the Game/Match to ensure that your choices are based on the official player names and player numbers.
21. Disclaimer On Points Calculation
- 21.1 The calculation of points for scoring Games is based on the information received from our third party data providers. All players signing up to and playing monkeyknifefight recognize that the data feed may be inaccurate and subject to human error, which may in turn affect the outcome of any Game. By signing up to the site all players accept that it is possible for the scoring on monkeyknifefight to be inaccurate. Points will be allocated and Games decided on the information provided by our third party data provider at the end of each Game, and no alterations will be made to the points allocated or payouts awarded if the information from the data feed is subsequently corrected or altered.
- 21.2 The data feed used in Games and therefore the scoring for the Games may vary significantly from scoring or information about the same Game/Match on other media sources or outlets or betting sites.
- 21.3 In some circumstances where there has been an error made in the scoring of a Game, and that error has come to monkeyknifefight’s attention, the scoring will be corrected during the course of the Game. Further, monkeyknifefight retains sole and absolute discretion to make corrections or amendments to the scoring or points allocated during a Game at any time before the pot in respect of that Game has been paid out.
- 21.4 For more information regarding the scoring and points allocation system see the How to Play rules.
- 22.1 We reserve the right to change the Terms and Conditions and will make reasonable efforts to ensure that changes to the Terms and Conditions are notified to you before the changes take place and via an appropriate method - for example, by your registered email address or by notice on the Website.
- 22.2 If any part of these Terms and Conditions is deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that part shall be deemed to be severable from the rest of these Terms and Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- 22.3 No indulgence granted by us to you should be construed as a waiver of any of our rights under these Terms and Conditions.
- 22.4 Unless otherwise expressly stated, nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall create or confer any rights on any persons not party to these Terms and Conditions.
- 22.5 In connection with a merger, consolidation, stock sale or asset sale, we reserve the right to transfer, assign, in whole or in part, any of the rights and obligations granted to or imposed upon us by these Terms and Conditions. You may not transfer, assign, sub-license or pledge any of the rights and obligations granted to or imposed upon you by these Terms and Conditions.
- 22.6 Unless the context otherwise indicates, these Terms and Conditions set out the entire agreement between you and Company and supersede all prior oral or written agreements, arrangements or understandings between you and Company.
- 22.7 In these Terms and Conditions the headings are used for convenience only and shall not affect its interpretation.
- 22.8 You acknowledge and agree that monkeyknifefight may be bound (and shall be entitled) to disclose certain information about you and your Account to comply with court orders, subpoenas, applicable law and regulations.
- 22.9 It is the responsibility of the Player to report winnings and losses to the tax and/or other authorities of the relevant jurisdiction.
23. Free Entry Games
- 23.1 In addition to real money contests, monkeyknifefight may, at its discretion, hold free entry contests ("Free to Play Games"), either with or without real money prizes, or with prizes of value (including promotional prizes) as determined by monkeyknifefight in conjunction with its partners. For the avoidance of doubt save (i) as expressly provided in this clause 24; (ii) in the How to Play rules for the relevant Free to Play Game; or (iii) to the extent that the Terms and Conditions are inconsistent with free entry, the whole of the Terms and Conditions apply to Free to Play Games, which are Games for the purposes of the Terms and Conditions.
- 23.2 The How to Play rules for each Free to Play Game may establish the jurisdictions in which a user must be located and of which a user must resident in order to enter such Free to Play Game. Eligibility for entry into these contests will be determined by monkeyknifefight and can vary dependent on the game, prize, sport, competition and such other variable as may be determined by monkeyknifefight from time to time.
- 23.3 In order for a user to be eligible to enter a Free to Play Game on monkeyknifefight, the user must be a registered account holder with monkeyknifefight.
- 23.4 Without prejudice to the rights of monkeyknifefight to seek information pursuant to the terms of clause 3 above, users may by subject to less restrictive requirements under Know Your Customer (KYC) regulations while entering exclusively Free to Play Games, but all participants in Free to Play Games will be required, as a minimum, to confirm that they are of the legal age in the territory in which they reside, but in all cases, at least 18 years of age to be a registered account holder with monkeyknifefight. Should a user win a cash prize or (in certain circumstances a prize with value), while playing a Free to Play Game on monkeyknifefight, they may then be subject to account verification should they wish to withdraw their winnings or exchange a prize for cash (if applicable in any particular case). Failure at this time to provide satisfactory verification will result in forfeiture of winnings and could result in closure of the user’s account.
- 23.5The number of teams a user will be allowed enter into Free to Play Games is at the sole discretion of monkeyknifefight and may be altered from game to game at the sole discretion of monkeyknifefight. Users attempting to bypass these restrictions by using multiple accounts will be automatically disqualified and may have their accounts temporarily or permanently suspended.